Monday, December 8, 2008

And one who flies an airplane

Yesterday we were going to watch the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. I asked Caleb if he knew who was in the First Presidency. He said President Monson, and one who flies the airplane. I was very proud that he knew about President Uchtdorf!

Today it snowed and Caleb was so excited to go outside and shovel. We only had an inch or two, but he just loves to shovel. Finally about 1:30 I got all of the kids bundled up so we could go and shovel. He worked very hard on our driveway and sidewalk, then he started on the neighbor's driveway, too. He just wanted to serve his neighbor and help them out. It was fun to get to shovel with him. Parker had fun eating and playing in the snow. After a while he got tired and came inside. I let him watch "Letter Factory" while Caleb and I finished the neighbor's driveway. When we came inside he was asleep on the couch. Caleb ran and got a blanket and covered Parker up so he would be cozy.

Parker thinks he doesn't need a nap anymore. I usually have quiet time where he is in his room for at least 30 minutes, but sometimes an hour. He usually just plays and doesn't fall asleep. Often in the late afternoon he just crashes and falls asleep like he did today. I keep thinking he is too young to stop napping. On Sunday Parker emptied all of his drawers and this is how we found him.


I think maybe I should try to get him to bed earlier, but it is hard to put Caleb and Parker to bed at different times. Maybe they should both go to bed early. That is a nice thought, but something I am struggling with. I was excited after daylight savings time ended because my kids were going to bed about 8 or 8:30, but it seems like we are closer to 9:00 these days.

Alyssa has found her toes and likes to hold on to them. I can't believe how fast she is growing. She is four months already. She weighed 12 pounds at her 4 month checkup last Friday. Keith got out the saucer for her last week. I was in denial that she was big enough for it, but she seems to enjoy playing in it. The good part of her growing up is that she slept through the night almost every night last week!

Santa and Mrs. Claus came to our ward Christmas Party last Saturday night.

The primary kids sang a few songs. Maybe I can post pictures of the kids singing later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have a collection of kids (and Nathan) sleeping in crazy places and positions. You can begin or continue yours! I am impressed your kids liked Santa and his wife so much. My kids always run away. It must be Mrs. Claus that makes them feel so comfortable, she's never come to any of our parties!

Fun to see.

The best part was your denial about Alyssa being ready for the saucer . . . isn't is hard? Try a 7th birthday sometime . . . then you'll know how time is flying.

Love You & all of them!

Alison said...

I love reading about your family! Such precious stories.