Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Update #2 on Caleb's Arm

Caleb will get his cast off on August 6th (the same day that our baby is due)! From his MRI they found that the fracture does cross the growth plate, but that it is nearly aligned. It is less than 1 millimeter off, so that is good enough to leave the cast on and not take any other measures to help it heal. I am so relieved and feel like now I can have this baby and not worry about Caleb. They will follow him for a year to be sure that his growth is not affected.

1 comment:

Erin Winters said...

Poor Caleb! I suppose it is a very good thing that if it had to happen it happened before your baby arrived. Speaking of which...you're so close! How exciting? Did your other two arrive early? late? right on time?
Good luck!