Pres Eyring
Women's Session Mar 2017
This quote stood out to me. Sometimes as a mother I feel like I am
always looking for ways to progress in my own life, and also to help my
children learn and progress.
It is hard for me to notice progress or improvement when I look from one day to the next, but easier to see when I can reflect on what it was like a year ago. Seven months ago a dear friend began to teach me to play the organ. After a couple of months, she introduced the foot pedals and I could barely play a single note with my feet . I am still not very good, but I can see progress. She sees potential in me to improve, even though I was ready to quit this week because it is uncomfortable!
Yes, it would be more comfortable for everyone if I didn't have my children do certain things. They don't want to do chores or SAGE practice tests or practice an instrument or homework. It makes them uncomfortable, and is not easy for me either. But I continue to push my children to do hard things because I know it will help them to progress. Just for the record, today my kids did have to clean, practice piano, do homework, practice for SAGE testing, and they all survived.
It is hard for me to notice progress or improvement when I look from one day to the next, but easier to see when I can reflect on what it was like a year ago. Seven months ago a dear friend began to teach me to play the organ. After a couple of months, she introduced the foot pedals and I could barely play a single note with my feet . I am still not very good, but I can see progress. She sees potential in me to improve, even though I was ready to quit this week because it is uncomfortable!
Yes, it would be more comfortable for everyone if I didn't have my children do certain things. They don't want to do chores or SAGE practice tests or practice an instrument or homework. It makes them uncomfortable, and is not easy for me either. But I continue to push my children to do hard things because I know it will help them to progress. Just for the record, today my kids did have to clean, practice piano, do homework, practice for SAGE testing, and they all survived.
No comments:
Post a Comment