Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Baptism Dress - Simplicity 9497

Special dress for a special girl is done! Simplicity 9497. First fully lined dress. I traced the size 5 for the bodice, but used the length of a size 7.  It was worth the time, even though I had to use two separate patterns to trace it.   I shortened the zipper because I didn't know how to make it go down into the 3 layers of skirt, and probably didn't sew it in correctly. She can still get in and out of it though, so it works.
 I took Alyssa to the store and let her pick out all the fabric and these cute buttons on the front.  One of my favorite details is the rolled hem on the bottom of the overskirt.  I inherited a tackle box full of thread from my mother-in-law.  She had a spool of metallic pink thread that I used to do the rolled hem, so even though she is gone she still is a part of this dress. 



No comments: