Sunday, June 19, 2016

UPSTART Graduation

 Spencer had his preschool graduation yesterday. He has been doing an online preschool called Upstart.  He works on reading for 20 minutes a day, then 15 minutes of math and science a day (except Fridays he just does reading).  It has been great!  I have really enjoyed that it is something I can sit down with him and help him with and do from home.  At first I was very skeptical about it being as good as people said, but it really was fabulous.  We're proud of him for working on this.  He can keep using the program until September, and I think I'll have him work on it until school starts. 

When we got to the graduation they handed Spencer a sticker to put on his shirt, but instead he put it on his shorts.  He went in another room and did one final test to see how much he has progressed since he started.  Then they brought him out so we could clap for him.  He didn't want to wear his little cap for the pictures, but you can see it in his hand. 
With Rusty and Rosy
 He didn't really want his picture with Rusty and Rosy either, but I got one of him anyway.  They had a table with Rice Krispy Treats, fruit snacks, and water.  I made him wait to pick his treats until I got a picture of him smiling. 
When we got home, he and Alyssa celebrated in by playing in our backyard pool. 

No comments: