Monday, September 28, 2015
Wedding Veil
So my neighbor asked if I could help make a veil for her sister's wedding. She brought me a tiara and this lovely fabric. I just folded the fabric in half and rounded out the corners, so It kind of looked like a giant oval once I opened. I serged around the edge using a rolled hem. Then I folded the fabric in half, but left the bottom layer a bit (about 5 inches) longer than the top. I gathered the top of the veil, and hand-stitched it to a clear comb, then sewed an inch or two to the ends of the tiara. I found a strip of gathered lace in my stash that was nearly the perfect length and matched the fabric beautifully, so I hand stitched that onto the top edge of the fabric. The bride liked it, and I was pleased with how it turned out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment