Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Summer sewing

Parker made a quilt and pillow
 We found this Scooby Doo sheet at DI for a dollar or two and I knew we had to get it.  We used some to make Spencer a Scooby Doo pillowcase.  Parker wanted a quilt made out of it.  He did almost all of the sewing, and I tied most of it.  We used an old navy blue sheet we had for the backing.  We almost made it into a quillow, but he decided he would rather have a pillow and quilt.  He sewed the pillow, and even hand-stitched the opening shut while we were at Alyssa's swim lessons. 
Caleb made a Nerf belt to hold his clips
Caleb used some webbing and black elastic to make this belt so that he can carry more ammo.  He added a carabiner on the side to hook it to his bandolier.  I guess sometimes when he has a Nerf war they can pick on accessory, so he wanted the bandolier and belt to count as one accessory.  Smart boy! 
It also holds the holster for his gun.  He has been working on this gun all summer.  He added the blue and orange barrel to the front of it. He attached a small bag to the side, to hold bullets, and a small light under the barrel.  He sure loves Nerf guns!  

1 comment:

Mortar and Pestle Mom said...

I love that you are teaching your boys to sew. That is great!