| Parker modeling his new robe |
Today I asked my kids to get dressed for church. Spencer went up to his bedroom and got his church pants out of his drawer. I was so impressed that he found the right pants to wear. He will frequently empty his pants drawer, but today I was a proud mama when he retrieved the one pair he needed today.
Yesterday I took Spencer and Alyssa out back to play in the snow. They had a great time. I did not take the time to hunt down boots and snow pants for Spencer, so we did not stay out very long because he was wet and cold. He cried when I brought him back inside. He has learned how to climb the ladder and slide down the slide on his stomach, and he loves it. He did learn to wear mittens after falling on his bare hands a few times.
I took Spencer to the doctor for a checkup this week. He is 19 lbs. 7 oz and 30.5 inches long. He is extremely smart and has figured out how to get into almost everything. He pushes chairs all around the kitchen to he can get into even more things. He watches closely, and learns by watching his older siblings.
Nearly every day when Keith gets home from work, Spencer rushes to the door as soon as he hears it open. Then Spencer likes to go to the refrigerator with Keith, get out a cutie, open the garbage can while Keith peels it, then go to the table to eat some. He will be sad when cuties aren't in season anymore. It doesn't seem to matter that I have usually just fed Spencer a snack, he loves to have a snack with Keith.
I registered Alyssa for kindergarten. She was so excited to go! The parents stayed in the lunchroom while the kids went with the kindergarten teachers to the music room. I was glad that she went with a couple of friends from church and a boy in her preschool class without any problems.
| Guarding her door because she did not want me to come in! |
My neighbors asked me to shorten a prom dress. At first I thought I would be able to do a rolled hem, and that it would be easy. After experimenting on a small piece of fabric, I realized I would not be able to do it on my serger. I started to panic Thursday because I did not know how to make it work. After some consultation with my sister, silent prayers, and Internet searches I realized I could use my regular machine with a narrow, short zig zag stitch. It turned out great, and my neighbor looked great in the dress.
I have realized since I started sewing more in the past few years, that I pay more attention to how clothing is constructed. I also get a little frustrated buying clothes in the store because I think how I would change it if I just made it myself, or how easy it would be to make myself.
Today at church new den leaders were called. We think they will be for the Bears. Caleb is excited because he has not had a den leader since he turned 9.
No comments:
Post a Comment