Friday, November 30, 2012

A Wedding

The happy couple
Today we went to my friend's wedding.  She and I have been friends for as long as I can remember.  It was fun to be there for her special day.  Thanks to Keith for taking the day off work so we could go. 
I have many happy childhood memories playing cards at her house, having sleepovers, and waking up early to deliver newspapers then riding to buy donuts at the grocery store.  I loved hanging out at her house, and was always welcomed by all of her family.  I am so happy that she has found someone to share her life with, and consider him a lucky man. 

We saw her this summer at my Mom's house.  She came with us to the rodeo and helped with my kids.  She said that her future hubby had been asking her questions about how her brothers-in-law had asked her dad's permission to marry her sisters.  So I was not surprised when I heard she was engaged. 

Thanks to my aunt who watched the kids while we went to the temple.  They had so much fun bouncing around on her bouncy horses.  Alyssa cried when the horses had to take a break so we could get the kids dressed for the luncheon.  Parker asked if we could go back every Saturday to visit.

No comments: