Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Kwik Sew 3487

I completed one of my planned sewing projects for this year, a new shirt for me. It was the first big project that I have used my serger on. I learned a few things: it is good to baste with a regular machine before serging on a curve, and how to use the coverstitch to finish hems. I added the white fabric across the V of the shirt, since it is very low cut. Overall I am pleased with how it turned out, and how professional it looks with all the serged edges.

2 comments:

Beth said...

It's really cute, Laura. Great sewing!

Corri said...

How nice that you could attach the white fabric there! I don't like to layer, and it seems like 90% of shirts in stores are too low cut on me, so it's hard. i wish that more shirts came with a "faux layer" like that one.