Monday, June 21, 2010

Summertime

I was worried what we would do all day when Caleb got out of school, but so far we have managed to stay fairly busy. We went to the Natural History Museum, and ran into some friends as we were leaving. I also saw a technician I worked with about ten years ago, and a customer I knew when I was working full time.
Caleb is taking swim lessons. He loves to just jump right into the water. Parker is content to sit on the side with Alyssa and I. Caleb's school library is also open one day a week during the summer, so he has enjoyed going to get books. We have also gone to the public library several times. Last week they had a pirate party which the boys loved. They had a pirate storyteller, made crafts, and went on a treasure hunt around the library.

Parker has been busy building Legos and playing with Caleb. I think he likes having Caleb home to play with all day. He loves to swing, but won't pump his legs. He will sit on his swing and wait for me to come out and push him. He is also somewhat protective of his swing, and sometimes does not want to have friends come over because then they will swing on his swing. Although today he and Caleb traded swings, and Parker was proud of himself for climbing onto Caleb's higher swing.

Alyssa is very busy. She has learned to do front rolls. She also likes to climb on the bathroom counters and turn on the faucet. It is the first place I will usually look for her when I realize she has wandered off. The second place I look is outside. She can open the screen door to the backyard, and will sneak out if she gets the chance. Thankfully she cannot open the glass door out to the back. She loves to buckle herself into her booster seat at the table, although she prefers standing on a regular chair at the table to eat. She loves dogs, and will bark whenever she sees or hears one. She enjoys looking at books and playing with babies. She likes to hold as many things as she can at one time and gets frustrated when she drops one of them. Yesterday she had a late nap after church, so I thought she might stay up late. After Keith put the boys to bed she went into her room and grabbed her blanket and tried to climb into her crib. So Keith put her to bed as well. She did cry for a few minutes about 9:40, but I just checked on her and she went back to sleep and slept all night. Here is the face she makes when you tell her "No".

We made a quick trip to see Keith's parents and brother. We saw several of his other siblings as well. My mom, sister and her kids came to visit for the day and celebrate a birthday. We have been to two different parks, with many more on my list I want to visit before summer ends.

It has been enough to keep us from getting bored, but not too much to overwhelm me.

1 comment:

Corri said...

What a cute face! Does she have a tantrum that goes along with it? We're working on that one!